top of page

What is Toxic Mold Law?

The climate of the Pacific Northwest provides amble opportunity for mold growth. If your home suffers from toxic mold, you may be entitled to compensation.

If your home (whether you rent it or own it) suffers from mold, you may be able to recover compensation from the landlord or builder of the home. However, in order to do so, you must follow certain steps:

  • Document the Mold in Your Home

The first step is to document the existence of mold in your home. You can do this by taking pictures of the mold at the home, purchasing a self-inspection kit, or hiring a professional mold consultant to test for the mold.

  • Document You Suffered an Injury from the Mold

Mold can cause serious injuries. Many people develop permeant asthma as a result of unknowingly being exposed to mold for several years. We tend to see chronic inflammatory response syndrome ("CIRS") as one of the most common injuries caused by mold. CIRS is a systemic inflammatory response that occurs in certain persons after being exposed to different types of irritants such as mold. Certain people lack the immune response to the neurotoxins produced by exposure to the mold. There are numerous diagnostic tests for CIRS. It can impair nearly every major system in the body, from neurologic debilitations, to major gastrointestinal disruption, to severe skins rashes and swelling, to respiratory disfunction. People often live with CIRS and other related illnesses for years without ever getting a diagnoses.

To determine whether you suffer an adverse medical condition as a result of exposure to mold, you should seek the opinion of a specialist physician. Few nonspecialist doctors diagnose CIRS.

  • Make an Appointment to See a Toxic Mold Lawyer

If you have mold in your home and have suffered an injury as a result of the mold in your home, you should consult with a toxic mold attorney. You should do so quickly because if you wait too long, the statute of limitations (which, is a deadline by which an injured party must file a lawsuit) may prevent you from recovering.


bottom of page